Please Boycott the
Pagan Forum Alliance
The Pagan Forum Alliance is a "webring-like" association of publicly accessible Pagan-oriented forums and mailing lists which adhere to the following standards:
- Forums are not run as part of or for the primary benefit of a commercial
- Forums stress critical thinking over blanket acceptance of ideas based on
- Forums do not support racism, hatred, generalized bashing of other religions,
or illegal activities which are harmful to others. (This last includes
being somewhat conservative with respect to posting copyrighted
- Forums treat Wicca as one religion among many separate and distinct Pagan
- Each forum has clear, reasonable rules which are posted where they can be
- Each forum has an active staff and relatively unbiased moderation.
- Each forum encourages open discussion and allows for polite debate of ideas
The above standards are admittedly and purposely subjective in part as they are designed to be flexible rather than dogmatic.
It doesn't seem like such a bad idea now does it? I mean, we want our Pagan
forums and email lists to be "quality" right? But who decides this?
And what criteria do they base it on? Basically, it's a "popularity"
contest. If you are "approved of" (that is, if the ideas promoted
by the leaders of a given forum are agreed with by the PFA screening committee,
then you get included. If not, then you are excluded. In other words, this is
merely a personal "favorites list" maintained by the members of "The
Cauldron," who are trying to be some kind of Pagan approval board. They
also want to be sure everyone is following "their" interpretation
of what a copyright policy should be (iow, they are self-appointed copyright
police). To make it even more fun, they won't even publish here what that interpretation
It's bad enough
that we have Christian fundamentalists checking us out all the time. To have
fellow Pagans doing it too is just too much. Get a life and go back to church
(where you apparently belong)!
Unlike a "real" webring, Pagan Forum Alliance members simply include a link
to this page on their forum or mailing list's web site. Nothing fancy, but there
are no broken links as sites go up and down to "break the ring."
Here are the Members to
- Asatru Lore
- Asatru Lore is a forum for discussion about all things Heathen, from the
perspective of other religions as well as the Asatru faith. As well, it is
a place where every person is welcome, regardless of beliefs, to discuss and/or
debate any topic, so long as respect for others is maintained.
Forum Link: http://forums.delphiforums.com/asatrulore/start
- The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum
- Founded in December 1997, The Cauldron is an active place to discuss all
forms of Paganism and Interfaith issues (not to mention life itself) in a
polite, generally serious, and often scholarly manner. As there are over 100,000
total messages in our two archives, lots of information is available with
a bit of searching.
Forum Link: http://forums.delphiforums.com/CUSTOM7999/start
Mailing List Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ecauldron
Web Site: http://www.ecauldron.com/
- Hellenic Pagan
- A list of people interested in Graeco-Roman Paganism and religious practices
of the ancient Hellenic world, as well as to facilitate communications between
Hellenic Polytheists/Pagans. This list is for polytheists with explorations
into the myths, gods, and ancient practices as well as personal experiences.
Mailing List Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hellenicpagan
- The Midnight Garden
- The Midnight Garden is an open forum for learning and sharing religious
knowledge. We encourage anyone wishing to expand his knowledge to participate.
This is a forum for those interested in the Old Religions of Europe to exchange
ideas and information via our message board and chatroom.
Forum Link: http://forums.delphiforums.com/amidnightgarden/start
Web Site: http://home.att.net/~mairwenhps/garden/index.html
- Pagan Playground
- The Pagan Playground is a forum for discussion, debate, and socialization.
All pagan topics are open for discussion, with a desired long-term emphasis
on Asatru. All religious faiths are welcome.
Forum Link: http://forums.delphiforums.com/pagwicfun/start
Web Site: http://homepage.mac.com/mikedevlin/
- PaganReaders is an online reading group for people who want to discuss challenging
fiction and nonfiction books from a pagan perspective. Discussions are led
Mailing List Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PaganReaders
- Reconstructionist Interfaith
- Reconstructionist Interfaith exists tofacilitate information exchange, support,
and networking among the members of modern Reconstructionist religions such
as Hellenismos, Religio Romana, Romuva, and Asatru, as well as traditional
forms of Kemetic and Celtic religion.
Mailing List Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ReconstructionistInterfaith
- Sword & Shield
- A forum for Reconstructionist and Traditionalist Heathens and Pagans. Discussions
in this forum focus on the beliefs and practices of ethnically and culturally-based
polytheistic faiths such as Hellenisimos, Yazychestvo & Romuva, Religio
Romana, Senistrognata, Asatru and Kemeticism, as well as the various issues
that concern the Reconstructionist/Traditionalist community as a whole.
Forum Link: http://forums.delphiforums.com/swordnshield/start
- Teen Witch
- Teen Witch is staffed by a group of caring adults and teens. We wish to
provide the teens of the world with some honest, non-judgmental, quality information
on witchcraft, paganism and beyond.
Forum Link: http://forums.delphiforums.com/walkinlove/start
- A Witches' Thicket
- First started in December 1999, "A Witches’ Thicket" has grown into a dynamic
and lively forum for discussion of all aspects of life, learning and spirituality,
most times with (but not limited to) a Pagan perspective.
Forum Link: http://www.delphi.com/thicket/start
Web Site: http://www.cros.net/soraya
- Twilight Moon
- Twilight Moon is a forum for Pagans of all paths to gather and discuss topics
both mystical and mundane. Critical thinking and questioning established "norms"
are highly encouraged.
Forum Link: http://forums.delphiforums.com/twilightmoon/start
Web Site: http://home.earthlink.net/~asetkamen/TwilightMoon.html
And here is a logo for
your forum --
to send the "Pagan standard police" a message